How To Enter
Step 1: Register to Compete
Online registration is open from August 4th through November 24, 2014
- Faculty Advisors create an account on the Verizon Innovative App Challenge website.
- Click on “Create New Account” and “Login” and enter information in the fields in the top right corner of the webpage.
- You will receive an email with the account password.
- Read the App Challenge Official Rules and Guidelines thoroughly.
- Assemble a team of 5 to 7 students who will develop an innovative app challenge concept.
Step 2: Create Your App Challenge Concept
- Review the App Challenge Rules and other contest criteria and resources with your team.
- Define your team’s project goals, assign tasks and set deadlines.
- Brainstorm and research to identify a need or problem in your school or community that can be addressed by a mobile app.
- Develop an innovative and marketable mobile app concept to address the identified need.
- Ensure your mobile app concept is aligned with on of the three Verizon Foundation focus areas [Education, Healthcare, Sustainability].
- Prepare to submit your mobile app concept online following directions on the website. Your submission will include:
- App Concept Overview and Summary
- Essay Responses
- A three-to-five minute Video
Step 3: Submit All Competition Requirements
- Carefully review and follow all contest submission rules posted.
- Log in and select the “Submit Entry” button in the contest submission box.
- Enter all required information and upload documents and video link.
- Upload required releases signed by principal, faculty advisor, and team members' parent/legal guardians
- Enter the App Concept Overview and Summary (500 word limit)
- Upload the Essay responses (200 word limit each)
- Upload video and provide the link.
- Teams have until November 24, 2014 to submit the required material. Teachers can access and modify the content of their team’s submission throughout the submission period.
- No changes may be made to the submission once the “Submit Entry” button has been selected.
- Verify that all student team members complete the post-challenge survey.
- Participants are limited to one (1) entry per team.