How To Enter
Register to compete
- Teachers/mentors: Create an account the Verizon Innovative Mobile App Challenge website: From the App Challenge website, click on "Create New Account" and "Login" located in the top right corner of your browser. After creating your user information, you will receive an email with your account password
- Read the App Challenge Official Rules and Guidelines thoroughly
- On-line registration is open from September 3 through December 17, 2013
- Teams have until December 17, 2013 to submit their app video, essays and all required submission components to the App Challenge website. Students/teams will be able to make changes and save their submission documentation via the contest submission page.
- Teams/students can access and modify the content of their submission throughout the registration period.
- Participants are limited to one (1) entry per team
Design and create your Verizon Innovative App Challenge Submission
- Consult the App Challenge rules and educational resources
- Define project goals
- Research the societal needs, relevance and marketability for the app.
- Write a complete, informative and correct essay. The essay should be no more than 1,000 words.
- Complete the online requirements and submit necessary documentation
- Design and create your mobile app
Submit competition requirements and upload videos links and other required documentation
Click here for complete contest submission rules
- Upload required documentation on the contest submission page (Essay, Student Release Forms for each student, Faculty/Principal Consent form and App Video Link)
- Select the Recognition App Concept category that your app addresses: Education, Energy or Healthcare.
To officially submit the App Challenge entry, select the “Submit Entry” button in the Contest Submission box. No changes may be made to the submission once the Submit Entry button has been selected.
After the app challenge project is completed, participating students should take the post-challenge survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014AppChallengePostSurvey
- Verifiy that the app is an original idea and that all participating students have completed the post-challenge survey.